A life imprisonment verdict is generally given out for very serious crimes and in nations with no death penalty it is the ultimate punishment. Imprisonment for life is always with rigorous imprisonment and is given till the end of life of the convict. Many a weddings especially in the Asian Subcontinent are similar to a life imprisonment verdict.
The irony in this case is that both partners are petitioned, tried, engaged and convicted. The verdict is passed on an auspicious day known as the “Wedding Day” wherein relatives, friends and well-wishers are also invited to witness the conviction.
Parents feel happy and relieved seeing their daughters behind the (In-Laws) bars wherein freedom is barred in many aspects of daily life. Prisons in developed countries are well equipped for basic needs whereas in the Asian Sub-Continent, parents are aware about the lack of basic amenities at the In-Law’s Prisons and hence bride’s parents make all-out efforts to provide their daughters with furniture, home and electronic appliances as well as money to make their daughters pleasant stay at the prison.
Parents fail to recognize that they are very happily celebrating the imprisonment of their daughter who is left with little or no option if she faces any marital problems. Instead of finding a suitable partner, they inevitably find an unsuitable prison.
There are myriad cases wherein the wedded prisoners are tortured mentally, physically, emotionally and financially. Where parents are more concerned about the wedding conviction and happy with the life imprisonment verdict, they are also prone to face legal battles.
Parents who wish their daughters’ marital life to be happy should seek a more emotionally balanced partner in the following areas:
- Spiritual balance provides guidance and support. Teaches kindness, compassion, empathy and love towards self and others.
- Physical and Mental balance: good health, leisure and vocations.
- Intellectual balance: If someone’s intellectual health and performance is naturally smoother, under stress it actively helps solve problems most efficiently.
- Emotional balance comes with the quality of relationships with family, relatives and friends. Instead of reacting, they respond, they honor the reality of their emotions, and look inward and have true compassion for their authentic selves. They insist on movement and they don’t treat gratitude as a bonus; but make it a requirement
- Social balance: Mutuality is one of the most important aspects of marriage success. According to David Olsen, couples who are neither too separate from one another, nor overly involved with one another are in the best position to succeed.
Do you as a parent seek the above emotional components while choosing a life partner for your daughter or you are just satisfied with the Life Imprisonment Verdict?
Category: MARITAL AWARENESS
About the Author (Author Profile)
I’m Fayaz Pasha from Bangalore, the Silicon Valley and Garden City of India. I’m a Certified Life Coach and an NLP Practitioner. I love reading, writing and convey my thoughts through Poetry. I would like to make my humble contribution to the Society through this blog towards detoxification of social evils particularly the dowry system.