Unfortunately, these are some of the (unmentioned) reasons that some parents conceal when deciding to marry their children:
• Our son is frivolous and we hope that he will learn his responsibilities once he gets married.
• The mother is old and sick and we need a woman (daughter in-law) who will look after the household chores.
• As we have all male members in our house, we need a daughter in-law who will take charge of all household responsibilities.
• During childhood, it was agreed upon to marry the cousins and so we wish to fulfill that promise.
• We might get a good business deal or a project if we marry our daughter to x, y or z.
• The boy is a “green card” holder and our daughter will be very happy with him abroad.
• The boy is a businessman or son of a business tycoon and our daughter will be happy.
• We need a male heir in the family.
• We may get a huge dowry as the girl’s parents are very rich.
• The boy or girl is a celebrity.