In a marital bond there are many aspects that impact the relationship than what is assumed by a majority as necessary. In a majority of matrimonial advertisements, a beautiful girl and a rich boy are sought for a marriage proposal. A few such advertisements are cited below:
- Looking for Engineer (B.Tech / MS) from decent family, well settled in Gulf, USA or Middle East.
- Looking for well settled boy doing job or business in India or Abroad from good family
- Looking for Post Graduated well settled boy in India/Abroad from Decent Family; Bride should be fair, Graduate or PG, from decent Family
- Parents invite alliance for their Daughter Aged 26 years, Height 5′-3″, MBBS. Very fair & beautiful: Looking for well educated Masters, Doctorate, Engineer Groom from USA , CANADA, LONDON.
- My Daughter is Aged 23 year. She is very beautiful, silent nature, calm, and sharp feature bride. We are looking for a groom Age: 25-29yrs Height 5.4 to 5.7,well settled groom, Graduate or post graduate, Own Business, private job or Govt Job, from a good family background.
- My Daughter is Age 23 yr Height 5.3 B.com. we are looking for a groom Age: 25-28 yrs Height 5.4 to 5.7, well educated well settled in abroad or Gulf countries from a good family background.
- “US Citizen, Urdu-Sunni, Business, Financially and Professional Settled, Age 40, divorced, 5-8 height, good looking, seeking a suitable US Citizen professional partner.
- We are looking for a professional, educated or suitable groom for our sister – 37 years old, never married, Sunni, Urdu-speaking, MS US citizen, attractive, fair complexion, 5’ 1” height.
- Looking for a good match for our sister. 34 years old, 5 ft 5″, never been married, Associate in Arts/Vocational Nursing, US Permanent resident.
- Parents invite proposals for son, 40 years, 6’-2”, handsome and very healthy, MBA from UC Irvine, owns very successful health care business – seeking attractive, fair color, minimum 5’-3”, educated, girl.
However, a potential mate apart from beauty and wealth is also expected to have certain traits which make or mar a relationship. In one illustrious study of love in 1986, Psychologists David Buss and Michael Barnes asked people to rank 76 characteristics. What do you value most in a potential mate? The winner wasn’t beauty or wealth, it was: Kind and understanding, followed by; Exciting personality” and Intelligence. In another survey the mate preferences were as follows:
- good heredity
- kind & understanding
- exciting personality
- creative & artistic
- good housekeeper
- wants children
- physically attractive
Should marriage proposals be limited only to beauty and wealth?
Category: MARITAL AWARENESS
About the Author (Author Profile)
I’m Fayaz Pasha from Bangalore, the Silicon Valley and Garden City of India. I’m a Certified Life Coach and an NLP Practitioner. I love reading, writing and convey my thoughts through Poetry. I would like to make my humble contribution to the Society through this blog towards detoxification of social evils particularly the dowry system.